Reflections on the Glass Ceiling
5 Keys to Thriving in a Male Dominated Workplace
Congratulations! Today women make up approximately 49.9% of the workforce. And while we are equally represented in general, our numbers in the management and executive ranks are still disproportionately small.
In short, you are still likely to find yourself working for a man unless you are in one of the few industries dominated by women (teaching and nursing).
Would you like to be able to thrive in your work environment? I’ll give you the first key now.
You’ve probably heard horror stories from your teachers, your mom’s friends or your friend’s moms about how they were treated in the workplace. You may have seen reprehensible conduct toward women on a popular TV show or heard about it on the news. These inputs form our context for working with men.
What you think about these experiences forms your attitudes (habits of thought). Your habits of thought influence how you act. Your actions determine your results. Simply put, your view of the past shapes your view of the future and the results you will achieve.
How do you feel about entering the workforce? Are you confident you can succeed?
How do you feel about working with and for men? Are those thoughts and feelings based on your experience or the experiences of others? Are those experiences the exception or are they the rule?
The truth: The workplace has changed for the better in the last 40 years. Those negative experiences are the exception rather than the rule.
The bigger truth: While your past and the shared experiences of others may form your context, you have the ability to alter your context.
You don’t have to just survive. You can THRIVE! I have had a wonderful time working with and for men for the last 20 years. I thrived in male dominated environments. You can TOO!
Would you like to:
- Create a blue print of the steps necessary to define your mission and discover your passion and strengths.
- Become clear about what you really want from a career.
- Understand how to set your priorities and shift your perspective based on your principles, values and vision.
- Move beyond old stereotypes of a woman’s role in the workplace and give yourself permission to follow your aspirations without limitations or ideas that are not your own.
- Understand your self-limiting beliefs by exploring your inner thoughts and ideas.
- Gain practical insights on how men and women think and behave differently in life and business; how to get the most out of the relationship in spite of these differences.
Purchase your copy of Reflections on the Glass Ceiling — 5 Keys to Thriving in a Male Dominated Workplace NOW for $69.97! In addition to the book, you will receive a 140-page e-workbook (a $250 value) to help you achieve the results you desire! You have the right to reprint pages in the workbook as you have need.
Beginning in January 2011, we will begin offering group coaching based on Reflections on the Glass Ceiling. This 4-week program will walk you through the steps and allow you to share (if you desire) with the other women on the coaching call. Please click here for more information.
If you are ready to step into your role as a leader in your community or your work, I encourage you to consider our coaching programs. Please click here for more information on our coaching programs.